Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tie - Dye Shamrock

This craft was easy, and my kids had so much fun with it!!  It was more a lesson for Jake (blue and yellow equals green) but the big kids had just as much fun using the droppers. 


First, we practiced with plain water just dropping one drip at a time.  This step is important, and not listed here:  http://crafts.kaboose.com/groovy-shamrock-tie-dye-paints.html where I found the craft.  We waited until the filters were dry before we cut them out, but I did trace the shamrock on the filter with pen before they started "painting" them.  If I did this again, I would use far less water so that the colors are brighter when they dry.  Quick Tip: We did this project on a paper plate, and then trasnfered the filter to the top of a thick set of newspapers to dry.  You'll find that the plate they used will be full of colored water (at least ours were).  You could try to control it more than that, and not have the extra water, but I think it would take away some of the fun.  Here is our end result:




You can get the droppers at any craft store - I'm already thinking of how we can use them again soon. Overall  I liked this craft.  The look on Jake's face as he watched the colors blend before his eyes was priceless.  Thanks for sharing your photos with me!  I can't wait to see more!  And as always, feel free to copy!!
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment