Saturday, February 27, 2010

A different spin on french braids!

This mom is amazing: http://www.princesshairstyles.com/2009/05/french-braids-with-flair.html  She has even published a book recently with all her cute hair styles!  I decided to try this one this morning.   Again, cute, out of the face - it took a little bit of time - but not too many complaints out of my own princess while it was being put in.  I think if I did it again, I'd put in a bigger flower a little higher up, but that's just me nit-picking an otherwise cute do. You'll see that we also did six sections of hair instead of the (four?) she used.  Bee wears that rainbow shirt as often as she can - so we needed six little squares of hair to use an elastic in every shade of the rainbow!  :)
 I'm sorry that some of the photos are a bit fuzzy - my camera is "over flashing" or over exposing or whatever technical term (help, Deb?) and so I had to turn off my flash to get a normally colored shot.  Seeing as a nine year old is wiggly - they came out fuzzy.   All that being said, here's our take on this fun hairstyle!


I used a ton of hairspray in the hopes that this would stay in for two days again!  She loves having her hair done,  but the every other day method seems to be making her even more cooperative.   While I type this, my dear hubby is ripping apart our kitchen - looks like a trip to Lowes today. Yipee!!  I hope you all have a great Saturday, and as always, feel free to copy!
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment