Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wednesday Weigh-in

Big, exciting, jump up and down news!!!   I lost 2.6 lbs last night, bringing me to exactly FIFTY POUNDS lost!! 
My tip for this week is going to seem to fly in the face of what I said last week about accountability - but somewhere in the depths of my mind, it makes perfect sense.  Last week, I said how important it is to have accountability.  I totally believe that.  Someone, somewhere needs to ask the tough questions, see the numbers and encourage you during your dieting.
That being said, I also believe that you will never lose weight until you are ready to stand on your own two feet. I say this from my own experience.  I tried for ten years to tie my weight loss to another person.  Meeting friends at various gyms, pools or parks to take walks. Joining WW together, eating together, etc.  This is what I realized this time around.  No one is going to do this for me.  Big news, right?   But seriously, only I can decide what goes into my mouth.  Only I can get my butt out of bed in the morning and jog or walk.  Only I grocery shop for my family and plan what meals come into this house.  And there was something really empowering about finding and joining tops on my own.   I didn't have anyone hold my hand.  I just did it.
And each day, I choose to do it again.  Each day, I make the choice that I am worth it, all by myself.  There are days that this is still so difficult.  And I have friends and cheerleaders in my corner to champion me along when I feel like giving up. I feel like I couldn't do it without them, but at the same time - this time around, I know that I can.  Because finally, I'm doing this for me.
I'd love to hear how you are all doing on your adventures.  Drop me a line!
Stacy

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Stacy, I so agree with this. I actually have had a blog post about this very thing that I've been wanting to write, but I'm still chewing on it. I listened to BOTH of my parents at different times over the past week explain to me why their weight problem was the other person's fault. It's ridiculous. I'm glad I figured this out at 34 and now 54 and started taking control of my own life in spite of my husband (who is being supportive, but he's not where I am on this journey). It IS empowering, you're so right, but, like you, I need all my cheerleaders and people asking the tough questions, which you are GREAT at doing! Thank you for being an inspiration and for keeping tabs on me. Love you!

    ReplyDelete