Friday, March 19, 2010

Messy Bun

I've always wondered how to do a messy bun - have you?  I searched a little, and found this tutorial, which I think explains a simple way to do it - and I'm all about simple!!  http://cute2tryhairdos.blogspot.com/2008/10/messy-bun-tutorial.html

We tried to do this with a "tweener" feel, as I have to sometimes allow Bee to look a little older!  Not that I like it...  But I think this 'do came out really cute!!  To do this, I simple made a side part into a side pony.  Then I followed the messy bun instructions, and added a cute headband. This 'do took me less than five minutes, and stayed put all day.  Here it is, enjoy!!

You'll notice Bee's bun is a little looser than the one in the video - that is because I used all her hair, and only one elastic to pull it together - I could have made it tighter by adding more than one elastic or even bobby pins to hold it down.  I liked it loose, though, and so did she. We sprayed it a lot to make it hold that shape, and held up pretty well throughout the day!
At this point, someone was done doing normal photos - they go downhill from here, so I'll just share one!  :)
I hope you all have a great day!  I'm about to throw my cherubs outside to soak up the sunshine.   Have a great day, and as always, feel free to copy!   Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment