Monday, March 8, 2010

French Braid Crown for shorter hair...

I've tried this style three times now in Bridgette's hair  http://www.cutegirlshairstyles.com/2009/09/video-tutorial-wrap-around-french-braid.html  and realized that it just isn't going to work. Bridgette's hair isn't long enough to make it all the way around her head without pieces sticking out all over the place.  Undaunted - I figured out a way to do this style on shorter hair.  This was my first attempt, so it isn't perfect, but here are the steps I took (you'll want to watch the video to fully understand how to do the braid).   I look forward to when her hair is long enough to do it the "right" way.  :)
First, section the hair in three places - leaving as much at the bottom as you think won't fit in the braid without sticking out.

 
I parted Bee's on an angle.
Then, follow the video tutorial's instructions for the braid, but only do one side.  I braided down a little ways and put in a clear elastic at the bottom.
I did the same on the opposite side. *You'll notice the TV she is watching - this is how I bribe her to be still while I do her hair.*
Then I connected the two braids at the base of her head.
Finally, I took the bottom elastic out, and combed the left over hairs straight down.  You can see it's a little bumpy - so we choose a bigger flower to hide the imperfections.  :) 
Here it is from all angles. 
I think it turned out pretty cute!!  We have dance tonight, so I'll have to pull up the bottom hair into a pony.  There are so many ways to do this style!  The sun is shining here and it is so warm!  I hope you have some sunshine today, and as always, feel free to copy!
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment