Thursday, June 3, 2010

Weight Loss Wednesday (a day late...)

I lost two pounds last week - I've lost about 34 at this point!   Diet is going well...I didn't really do much different this week on that front.  I did, however, change my workout a little.  Instead of walking one mile each morning, I am now walking three.  I like to listen to music or podcasts by Andy Stanley while I walk.   It makes the time go faster - and walking for an hour doesn't seem so daunting when I have something good to listen to.

Last night at our tops meeting, a kops (someone who has lost all their weight) suggested this (her idea, but I found this on a website):

Apple cider vinegar and weight loss
It helps to detoxify the liver which plays an important role in weight loss. There are historical facts that Egyptians took apple cider vinegar for weight loss. Some claim ACV speeds up the metabolism while some claim it burns the calories to reduce appetite. To lose weight just take 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, mixed in water, before every meal.
ACV is also available in tablets and capsules. According to some nutritionists the combination of apple cider with kelp, vitamin B6 and lecithin is much more effective for weight loss than ACV alone.

Although I'm not into taking pills, etc. to lose weight (I'm trying to do this this old fashioned way with diet and working out), I think I might give this a go this week.  I mean, what could it hurt? It has been a little over two months since I've started this diet, and I'm in the mood to change things up a bit.  I'll let you know if it works. I would love to know if any of you have ever tried it with success.  In the mean time, I'm going to continue to do my 1,000 calorie a day diet, workout and drink water like I'm a fish.  :) 

Have a great day, everyone - think skinny!
Stacy

UPDATE - 8:37 a.m.  Just drank two teaspoons of ACV in 8 oz of water.  YUCK!  I had to hold my nose to get it down - and then I ate breakfast right afterwards (carbrite bar) to get the horrid taste out of my mouth. I'm committed to try this for a week, but I might puke in the mean time...it is so horrible!  Maybe next time I'll dilute it a little bit more...I'm fully open to suggestions on this one!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that I have to admit that I'm giggling at you right now. I agree with the YUCK! EWWWW! My Dad has taken ACV for years because it has tons of health benefits. I will say that he has lost weight rather slowly but consistently, and he eats a HORRIBLE diet, so maybe the ACV is helping. Dad takes it w/honey because honey has lots of healing benefits too that helps w/his arthritis and other stuff too. He doesn't dilute it w/water. He mixes 2 T ACV w/1 T honey 2X a day (but honey does have calories, so you need to weigh the benefit w/the calories). I like salad dressing made w/ACV. I make it myself, but I've never tried it as a supplement. I'll tell you what...I'll give it a try once to see if I can stand it. :) I'll get back to you. I'm here for you, Stacy, and fully supportive! Heehee!

    Also...I REALLY want your rib recipe. I have ribs in the freezer that are lean and boneless. Tell me what you did to make them yummy and less fattening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Stacy! I can't even stand the smell of ACV; it smells like dirty feet. Maybe the pill version would be better? :)

    ReplyDelete