Friday, April 23, 2010

Weigh-in Wednesday

Okay, so I realize this isn't Wednesday - but I've been working on this post for a few days now - my days have been really busy this week. It's my intention each week on Wednesdays to write something about health, weight loss, or family meals.   I've joined a local TOPS (taking off pounds sensibly) group, where I'm hoping to shed some unwanted poundage that I've had since the cherubs were born.  So each Wednesday, I'll let you know how I did at my weigh in and offer up something that's working for me in the battle of the buldge. 
First the weigh-in: This week I lost 4.9 pounds!  :)  Oh, happy day!

Next, if you are dieting (or just want to get healthy), buy this book:


It is a recipe book that compares restaurant dishes you love to their low-cal copies.  You would think that they wouldn't be very good - but NO!!   The recipes in this book are fantastic.  Last night, we had Honey Mustard Salmon and Roasted Asperagus.  This meal took only 20 minutes from start to finish.  It tasted so good, and the entire meal was less than 400 calories!  I didn't think to get a photo of the food until my hubby was on his SECOND PLATE (seriously, that is how you know it is good - if the husband wants seconds of health food) - so the presentation isn't great in the next photo - but you get the idea.  If I can do this:


anyone can!!

Who wants to join me in getting healthy??  Oh - and I should mention that the kids tried this as well, but I did have fishsticks on hand for anyone who didn't like it.  :)   I'm getting away from making them separate meals, but in this transition time - I'll have something there for them that they like.
As always, feel free to copy!
Stacy

2 comments:

  1. I assume this is the same author who wrote "Eat This, Not That." I think I'll see if I can reserve it through our library and see what it's all about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is. I haven't read the other book, but I know it is the same company or author. It is a fantastic book!

    ReplyDelete