Thursday, April 8, 2010

Quadruple French Braid

I've had this hair 'do in my mind for a while, but wasn't quite sure if I could do it.  I was experimenting with Bee's hair yesterday before smallgroup, as we were going to play kickball and I needed it out of her face.  Anyhow, I wasn't sure it was going to work, so I didn't take photos until I was done.  The next time I do this, I'll do a step by step, but I think it is pretty straight forward.
I sectioned her hair in four sections, and held each tightly with a temporary elastic.  Then, I had her lay on her tummy to do the "upside down" braids, and sit up to the the regular braids.  Next comes the tricky part.  You have to take the three strands of hair left from each braid (on either side) and match them together so the six become three.  I hope that makes sense - pictures would help here...   I think it came out really cute, and it stayed in really well over night. Today she has beautiful curls!   What do you think of my quadruple braid creation?


At this point, I added a bow to the side with more hair - for cuteness, and to hide a slight bump in her hair.  Bows are great for this!

And for Micheal, who requested more of Bee's fabulous outfit choices, this is how she went to the park:

Our nice weather is still holding on today - I think by tomorrow it is supposed to be gone. We intend to get out there and enjoy the sunshine today. How about you?
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment